Community Based Tourism
The key reasons for travelling to East Africa are its spectacular landscapes and the rich wildlife that inhabits them. However, we have found that most of our clients are also interested in seeing how the people here live and get by, how they face their hardships and how they try to make things a little better for themselves and for everybody else. This is why our itineraries also include visits to social projects or other community based tourism initiatives.
Here are a few examples of projects we visit:
- Agape Women’s Group Mulala – observe traditional farming methods
- Hadzabe People – join this nomadic people on hunting trips
- Kaya Kinondo – take a stroll to a sacred forest
- Kazuri Beads Factory – watch disadvantaged women produce jewellery
- Mto wa Mbu – visit banana plantations or a brewery that produces banana beer